How to Distill
How to Distill
Whether you want straightforward information for your first moonshine distillation or you're a home distiller looking to learn more and perfect your gin or bourbon, you've come to the right place. In this book, certified industry expert and knowledgeable home distiller Aaron Hyde lays out the how and why of all the key processes, starting at the mash and fermentation, through distilling, and ending with expert information on aging and blending spirits. You'll find:
- An Overview of Distilling and the Process: The fundamentals of distillation, concise distillation theory, still design, distilled products, and ingredients are all covered.
- Pre-Distillation: Move on to learn about the fermentation process, making your own wash from sugar or cereal mashing grain.
- Distilling: The main event! A robust section on distilling covers modern distillation techniques, the distillation process, key decisions during distillation, process control, collection, and further distillation runs.
- Post-Distillation: Work your way through flavor development and control, polishing spirit, the aging process, quality considerations, blending, and packaging considerations.
- Recipes: Whether you're interested in making bourbon whiskey, scotch whisky, gin, rum, or vodka, you'll find an easy-to-follow recipe.
With reliable, tested information throughout, this is the new standard for distilling.
By Aaron Hyde
224 pages, soft cover
Bicycles, tricycles and e-bikes
We deliver our bicycles all over Aotearoa New Zealand ourselves for a few reasons; we like to ensure your bicycle arrives in perfect condition and we also want you to be able to ride it immediately. We set your seat and handlebar height so you can ride comfortably and we listen and respond to any questions you have. We like to ensure we are minimising our fuel use and pollution so we like to schedule the most efficient delivery plan possible. That’s why it may take a month or two to get your bicycle to you. Please check our Delivery page for more information and to view our next scheduled delivery to your area.
We will despatch your purchase the same day or next day and we will email you courier tracking information so you know exactly where your package is. We try, wherever possible, to use recycled or compostable packaging. For all orders, we charge $9.90 towards the cost of the courier.