With its movie star looks and 8-speed Alfine hub gears, the Countryman is the perfect bicycle for the discerning urban gentlemen rider. Built for manoeuvrability about town, the Countryman’s lighter construction and full-length mudguards make it the perfect commuter cycle – in all weathers. The Countryman is the ideal companion to the Aurora.
Hand-built from the very best Reynolds 531 steel tubing, the Countryman features narrow, lightweight Mavic alloy rims and flat, swept handlebars with a slight curve specifically designed to give an efficient and comfortable ride. The Countryman is even suited to long-distance touring, equipped with a classic Brooks B17 leather saddle that naturally shapes to your form, high performance dual pivot brakes and braze-ons for a rear luggage rack.
It is this huge adaptability that makes the Countryman a unique proposition, being both versatile in its design and unrivalled in its quality; a true all-rounder that will give you many years of reliable and pleasurable cycling.
- Traditionally hand-built Reynolds 531 lightweight steel frame with investment-cast, fine cut-away lugs: With nimble geometry for a light and responsive feel and relaxed semi-upright riding style. Built using 100 year old traditional methods with lightweight butted Reynolds 531 tubing – the original ‘standard of excellence’ in frame building – and combines modern geometry with traditional, fine-lugged construction. With pointed wrap around top eyes featuring the Pashley name in relief, and matching lugged and brazed raked fork. Full compliment of braze-ons for the fitment of mudguards, rear pannier carrier, and 2x bottle cages.
- Hand-crafted leather grips: Hand-stitched by English craftsmen, these grips are made from the finest aniline bridle leather, that is durable yet supple, and finished with highly-polished stainless steel end caps. A little added luxury!
- Chrome ‘ping’ bell: a beautifully simplistic bell, with easy-to-activate sprung mechanism, politely alerts pedestrians to your presence.
- 8 Speed Shimano Alfine hub gears: Wide-ranging and versatile Shimano Alfine, with its effortless operation, allows you to ride with pace and panache. As an enclosed gearing system it is protected from grit and the weather, thus requires minimal maintenance.
- Effective dual-pivot, side-pull calliper brakes: lightweight side-pull brake callipers, with side and centre pivots, have greater mechanical advantage than other standard rim brakes, providing secure braking control.
- Skin wall tyres with extra puncture protection: A touring and urban tyre with excellent ‘all-round’ tread patterns, and an inner Kevlar guard for extra puncture protection. Skin sidewalls are more flexible than standard carbon black, which helps to reduce rolling resistance.
- Sleek stainless steel mudguards: highly polished and made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- Traditional Brooks B17 leather saddle: This is Brooks' flagship model - a 100 year old design ideal for sports touring. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Micro-adjust seatpost: allows for fine-tuning of the saddle position and angle for improved individual comfort.
- Double-wall alloy rims with double-butted stainless spokes: Stiffer than standard single-walls, double-wall rims provide added strength without increased weight. Rims also feature a heavy-duty box-section rim profile and double-butted stainless-steel spokes which help relieve impact stress from the rim and build a lighter, more resilient wheel.
|Gears||Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub gear with Rapidfire thumb shifter.|
|Frame||Traditional lugged and brazed construction. Investment cast lugs and dropouts with lightweight Reynolds 531 butted tubes. Individually hand-built.|
|Fork||Investment cast crown with Reynolds taper gauge oval blades.|
|Saddle||Brooks B17 honey-coloured natural leather saddle with chromed steel rails.|
|Handlebar||Alloy bar with backsweep, for a more upright riding position, on a forged alloy quill stem.|
|Brakes||Polished alloy dual-pivot caliper brakes with classic slender brake levers.|
|Wheels||Mavic A319 alloy rims with quick release large flange alloy front hub and double butted stainless spokes.|
|Tyres||700c x 28 Panaracer Pasela Gumwall tyres with Kevala guard for extra puncture protection.|
|Mudguards||Polished stainless steel mudguards.|
|Pedals||Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.|
|Crankset||Shimano Alfine alloy crankset with guard (39T, 170mm).|
|Other Features||Micro-adjust alloy seatpost, chrome ping-bell, hand-made leather grips.|
|Frames Sizes||Small (20"), Medium (21.5"), Large (23") or Extra Large (24.5")|
Bicycles and e-Bikes
We deliver our bicycles all over Aotearoa New Zealand ourselves for a few reasons; we like to ensure your bicycle arrives in perfect condition and we also want you to be able to ride it immediately. We set your seat and handlebar height so you can ride comfortably and we listen and respond to any questions you have. We like to ensure we are minimising our fuel use and pollution so we like to schedule the most efficient delivery plan possible. That’s why it may take a month or two to get your bicycle to you.
We will despatch your purchase the same day or next day and we will email you courier tracking information so you know exactly where your package is. We try, wherever possible, to use recycled or compostable packaging. For orders under $150, we charge $9.90 towards the cost of the courier. For $150 or more, we cover it.