Pashley Guv'nor 3 Speed - 22.5" Frame
Pashley Guv'nor 3 Speed - 22.5" Frame
Pashley’s original 1930s Path Racer is reimagined for the 21st century in the extraordinary Guv’nor. True to its heritage, the Guv’nor is built with relaxed, elegant geometry using the legendary Reynolds 531 butted cycle tubing. This is a bicycle designed for the Renaissance Man.
From the gold limed black alloy Westwood rims to the Brooks B17 leather saddle that has graced the best racing cycles for over 100 years, every aspect of the Guv’nor has been carefully selected to evoke the glory of path racing history. Add to this the benefits of Sturmey Archer hub brakes, enclosed to be reliable in all weathers, and puncture-resistant Schwalbe tyres, and the Guv’nor becomes the epitome of refined British road cycling with the very best componentry.
The Guv’nor is a real head-turner that has the performance to match, and is guaranteed to give you years of riding and racing pleasure.
You're covered by Pashley's manufacturer's warranty on new bicycles and our own commitment to ensuring your cycling adventures are trouble-free.
- Iconic North Road handlebars: A Path Racer wouldn’t be complete without North Road dropped handlebars. These beautiful swept bars offer iconic style and a relaxed racing position. Finished with Pashley’s hand-crafted fine leather grips.
- Brass ‘ping’ bell: A classic bell that is a refined addition to any bicycle. The bell has a domed shape body with a simple sprung finger mechanism that sounds out a clear ‘ting’ to let others know you're approaching. The bell can be attached to either the handlebars or the stem.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Westwood rims with gold hand-lined pin-striping: manufactured to exactly the same profile as the original steel rims, these special Westwood rims feature a wide single-wall cross section in aluminium for corrosion resistance and reduced weight.
- Classic single speed or 3 speed hub gears options: The classic single speed option (shown) is where clean lines and simplicity - no gear cabling or shifters - is your cup of tea, and speed is more important than distance. The traditional 3 speed option, with easy-shift thumb lever, allows you to race along on flatter terrain, as well as tackle inclines whilst out on longer day rides.
- Classic cream tyres with puncture protection and reflective side-walls: With robust, densely-woven carcass' that offer great puncture resistance, but using a fabric that needs less rubber coating and thus has a reduced weight. An inner Kevlar Guard belt provides additional puncture protection and a reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls provide extra visibility after darkness.
- Traditional Brooks B17 leather saddle with titanium chassis: A 100 year old design, this saddle is the lightweight titanium chassis version of Brooks' flagship model. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. It's finished with large hand-beaten copper rivets and comes with handy rear luggage loops.
- Iconic Path Racer frame with dynamic riding position: Authentic 1930s frame with long stable wheelbase and relaxed steering geometry, suited to speed cycling as well as longer day rides. The frame is hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with original lightweight Reynolds 531 tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess. With traditional tubular crown forks and specially formed D section stays.
|Gears||Sturmey Archer XRD single speed or XRD-3 speed hub gear with trigger shifter.|
|Frame||Traditional lugged and brazed construction with authentic 1930s geometry. Scalloped lugs and Reynolds 531 butted tubes. Individually hand-built.|
|Fork||Tubular crown, hand brazed.|
|Saddle||Antique brown Brooks B17 natural leather saddle with titanium chassis.|
|Handlebar||North Road drop bar on a forged alloy quill stem.|
|Brakes||Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.|
|Wheels||28" gold lined black alloy Westwood rims (26" for the 20" frame) with stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres||28x1 1/2" Cream Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres (26 x 1 3/8" tyre size for the 20" frame) with Kevlar Guard belt puncture protection and reflective side walls.|
|Pedals||MKS Sylvan Stream.|
|Crankset||Polished alloy crankset (46T, 170mm) with guard.|
|Other Features||Micro-adjust alloy seatpost, brass bell, hand-made leather grips,|
|Frame Sizes||20.5", 22.5" or 24.5" (double top tube frame).|
Bicycles, tricycles and e-bikes
We deliver our bicycles all over Aotearoa New Zealand ourselves for a few reasons; we like to ensure your bicycle arrives in perfect condition and we also want you to be able to ride it immediately. We set your seat and handlebar height so you can ride comfortably and we listen and respond to any questions you have. We like to ensure we are minimising our fuel use and pollution so we like to schedule the most efficient delivery plan possible. That’s why it may take a month or two to get your bicycle to you. Please check our Delivery page for more information and to view our next scheduled delivery to your area.
We will despatch your purchase the same day or next day and we will email you courier tracking information so you know exactly where your package is. We try, wherever possible, to use recycled or compostable packaging. For all orders, we charge $9.90 towards the cost of the courier.