Pashley Roadster Sovereign - Buckingham Black - 8 Speed
Pashley Roadster Sovereign - Buckingham Black - 8 Speed
The undisputed ‘King of the Road’, this imposing gentlemen’s bicycle offers an unsurpassed ride thanks to its sturdy 28-inch wheels and regal riding position. Ideal for country jaunts, the Roadster Sovereign transports the rider to a more relaxed age using the finest low-maintenance componentry and hand-built quality.
Hop up onto the Roadster and it becomes clear that the refined elegance of this machine is far more than skin deep. A fully-enclosed chaincase and matching mudguards keep you dry and clean as you glide along, whilst the addition of a coat guard on the rear wheel prevents any mishaps that could otherwise spoil the riding experience.
The Roadster Sovereign's full complement of 8 wide-ratio hub gears, a handy frame-fitted lock and a front dynamo headlamp that never needs batteries ensure you enjoy years of reliable and, most importantly, pleasurable riding wherever you go.
- Classic geometry with elegant upright riding position: Comfortable 'sit up and beg' style upright riding position that allows you a good view of other road users and the scenery, and the added bonus of encouraging a healthy posture. With a long stable wheelbase and relaxed steering geometry. The frame is hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Large 'ding-dong' bell: lovely and loud, announce your arrival with Pashley’s splendid ‘ding-dong’ bell.
- 8 speed hub gears: With an easy-shift gear lever, they allow you to tackle hills and glide along gracefully on flatter terrain with ease. Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Classic front lamp and rear LED light: a fully-fitted lighting set offers added safety with a dynamo powered classic headlamp - no batteries needed - and a high-visibility rear LED light.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Traditional style mudguards: with beautiful hand-applied gold-line detail, they protect you from unsightly mud splashes, providing all-weather practicality.
- Reflectors for added visibility: front, rear, and pedal reflectors all help to keep you safer on the road at night.
- Rear carrier with easy flip-down stand: a rear carrier with an integrated stand that can be folded down to provide a sturdy parking base for your Roadster.
- Protective coatguard: helps to prevent your gentlemanly attire from catching in the rear wheel.
- Traditional Brooks B33 leather sprung saddle: Classically sprung, it's the only Brooks model to still feature front loop springs; its strength and durability make it ideal for heavy-duty cycling. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Convenient frame-fitted lock: secure the bicycle, through the rear wheel, with the simple push of a lever and key-turn, giving security and peace of mind without the need to carry a separate bike lock.
- Classic frame-fitted pump: a traditional design in highly polished chrome, it fits securely to the cycle frame via integrated pump-pegs; easily at-hand when your tyres need an extra top-up of air.
- Fully-enclosed protective chaincase: protects you from greasy oil marks and helps to reduce wear on the chain from grit and water.
- Robust tyres with extra puncture protection and reflective side-walls: Hard-wearing tyres with secure tread design and an inner SmartGuard layer made from a flexible, special rubber that offers extra resistance to shards of glass and pins. A reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls provide extra visibility after darkness.
|Colours||Buckingham Black or Regency Green.|
|Gears||Shimano Nexus 8 Speed with thumb shifter control.|
|Frame||Traditionally lugged and brazed hand-crafted steel frame.|
|Fork||Tubular crown, hand brazed.|
|Saddle||Black Brooks B33 natural leather saddle with stranded rear coil and front loop springs.|
|Handlebar||Chrome plated raised bar on an alloy stem, with authentic black rubber grips.|
|Brakes||Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.|
|Wheels||28" black anodised alloy rims and stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres||28x1 1/2" Schwalbe Marathon Plus with extra SmartGuard puncture protection and reflective side walls.|
|Mudguards||Classic profile steel guards with hand-applied gold lining and rear reflector.|
|Pedals||Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.|
|Crankset||Traditional slender chromed steel cranks.|
|Other Features||Fully-enclosed chaincase, large ding-dong bell, protective coatguard, classic hub-dynamo headlamp, LED rear light, steel rear carrier with fold down stand, frame-fitting lock and pump.|
|Frame Sizes||20.5", 22.5" and 24.5" (double top tube frame). A 'Roadster 26' bicycle is also available with 26" wheels & 20" frame.|
Bicycles and e-Bikes
We deliver our bicycles all over Aotearoa New Zealand ourselves for a few reasons; we like to ensure your bicycle arrives in perfect condition and we also want you to be able to ride it immediately. We set your seat and handlebar height so you can ride comfortably and we listen and respond to any questions you have. We like to ensure we are minimising our fuel use and pollution so we like to schedule the most efficient delivery plan possible. That’s why it may take a month or two to get your bicycle to you.
We will despatch your purchase the same day or next day and we will email you courier tracking information so you know exactly where your package is. We try, wherever possible, to use recycled or compostable packaging. For orders under $200, we charge $9.90 towards the cost of the courier. For $200 or more, we cover it.