Pashley Speed 5 1930s Racing Bike
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Special Prices shown are for fully assembled, tested bicycles to be collected from our Greytown emporium. A delivery option is available for an additional $150 including GST.
- Wairarapa / Wellington / Manawatu: monthly delivery dates to be advised when we have received your order.
- Rest of North Island: Delivery scheduled for the week commencing 30 March 2020.
- South Island: Delivery scheduled for the week commencing 6 April 2020.
The Speed 5 is our tribute to the
The British racing green and gold colour scheme hints at this heritage, as does the frame-mounted number plate, and the traditionally slack frame geometry gives a dynamic riding position for maximum speed and performance. This sense of lineage is bolstered by hand-built quality - every Speed 5 is meticulously constructed by our dedicated craftsmen from legendary Reynolds 531 steel to produce a bicycle that will last a lifetime. The quality of construction is matched by the components we have chosen for this most special of cycles. The wide diameter Sturmey Archer hub brakes allow you to brake late for corners and have ultimate control over your speed, and the classic Brooks Swift leather saddle gradually forms to your shape for a high level of comfort and
The Speed 5 is not simply a revival of path racing tradition but an advancement of the sport, embodying the principles of the early pioneers with a refined design they would be truly proud of.
Historic racing frame with dynamic riding position: Authentic 1930s Path Racer frame with a long stable wheelbase and relaxed steering geometry, suited
to speedcycling and gravel racing! With traditional frame-mounted race number plate. The frame is hand-built using 100 year oldtraditional methods - with original lightweight Reynolds 531 tubing hand-brazed into lugs- for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess. With traditional tubular crown forks and specially formed D section stays.
- Semi-drop classic racing handlebars: Swept-back, high-strength stainless steel bar for confident handling whilst racing. Finished with traditional black leather bar tape.
Brass ‘ping’ Bell: A classic bell that is a refined addition to any bicycle. The bell has a domed shape body with a
simple sprungfinger mechanism that sounds out a clear ‘ting’ to let others know you're approaching. The bell can be attached to either the handlebars or the stem.
5 speedhub Gears: With an easy-shiftgear lever, they allow you to tackle hills and glide along gracefully on flatter terrain with ease. Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Powerful fully-enclosed 90mm hub brakes: Large diameter hub-brakes provide reliable stopping power come rain or shine. Enclosed and sealed from all-weathers, these brakes are low maintenance and robust.
- Iconic GB wingnuts: Adds to the Speed 5's authenticity and makes removal of the wheels that little bit easier. Manufactured in England using the original tooling.
- Classic tyres with puncture protection: a reliable tyre with a puncture protection insert, and a tread design that allows for secure contact with the road surface but with a low rolling resistance.
Traditional Brooks 'Swift' leather saddle: The handsome 'Swift' is a gentleman's racing saddle with delicately hand-skived lower sides for greater comfort whilst pedalling. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. It's finished with large hand-beaten copper
rivets,and comes with handy loops on the rear for luggage attachment.
Pedals with traditional
toe-clipsand leather straps: keep your feet in securelyplace, helping to transfer your pedal-power more efficiently.
Golden half-link chain:
eye catchingdesign and tough construction to transfer powerful cadence.
Sturmey Archer 5 speed C50 hub gear with thumb shifter control.
Traditional lugged and brazed construction with authentic 1930s geometry. Scalloped lugs and Reynolds 531 butted tubes. Individually hand-built.
Tubular crown, hand-brazed.
Brooks black Swift natural leather saddle with chromed steel rails.
Semi-drop bar on a forged alloy quill stem.
Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front (90mm) and rear (70mm) hub brakes.
Gold lined black alloy Westwood rims with stainless steel spokes.
28x1 1/2" Black Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres with puncture protection.
Alloy body with toe clips and black leather straps.
Sugino polished alloy crankset (46T, 170mm) with guard.
Micro-adjust alloy seatpost, brass bell, GB anti-slip diamond patterned silcone back handlebar tape, golden chain, Race number, GB wingnuts.
Small (20.5"), Medium (22.5") or Large (24.5" - double top tube frame).