Pashley Britannia with Electric Assist - Royal Red
Pashley Britannia with Electric Assist - Royal Red
Our customers love their Pashleys with a fervour normally reserved for their nearest and dearest. But many have commented that this blustery, hilly little country of ours sometimes makes full enjoyment of their two-wheeled work of art a little challenging.
So, we did a bit of research and found Lekkie, New Zealand’s foremost specialists in electric conversion. We explained our desire for performance and reliability without compromising Pashley’s legendary aesthetics, and Lekkie set to work. And wow did they deliver!
Lekkie’s powerful 300w mid-drive motor, tucked inconspicuously beneath the pedals and chain guard, drives through your bike’s gears, giving you amazing climbing and great speed. The waterproof Summit system is super reliable and perfect for your commuting and get-around-town needs. It features shift-sensing, which detects gear changes and reduces the motor output for smoother changes that protect your gears and chain.
The 12.5ah battery, encased neatly in a pouch and mounted on the seat stem, offers around 40km to 60km range on a single charge, with a cost of approximately 20c to charge up.
RANGE: 40 - 60km in pedal-assist mode
MAX SPEED: Up to 40km/h (adjustable)
- Classic step-over frame design with elegant upright riding position: An easy to mount/dismount frame with comfortable upright riding position that allows you a good view of other road users and the scenery, and the added bonus of encouraging a healthy posture. The frame has been hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Hand-crafted leather grips: Hand-stitched by English craftsmen, these grips are made from the finest aniline bridle leather, that is durable yet supple, and finished with highly-polished stainless steel end caps. A little added luxury!
- Large 'ding-dong' bell: lovely and loud, announce your arrival with Pashley’s splendid ‘ding-dong’ bell.
- 8 speed hub gears: With an easy-shift gear lever, they allow you to tackle hills and glide along gracefully on flatter terrain with ease. Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Classic wicker basket: this iconic basket sits elegantly on the front of your bicycle and is just the right size for your daily food shop, picnics or even a small dog!
- Classic front lamp and rear LED light: a fully-fitted lighting set offers added safety with a dynamo powered classic headlamp - no batteries needed - and a high-visibility rear LED light.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Traditional style mudguards: with beautiful hand-applied silver-line detail, they protect you from unsightly mud splashes, providing all-weather practicality.
- Traditional Brooks B67s sprung leather saddle: Classically sprung for supreme comfort this saddle is ideal for daily city or touring use in an upright riding posture. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Classic frame-fitted pump: a traditional design in highly polished chrome, it fits securely to the cycle frame via integrated pump-pegs; easily at-hand when your tyres need an extra top-up of air.
- Reflectors for added visibility: front, rear, pedal and tyre reflectors all help to keep you safer on the road at night.
- Easy-to-park propstand: a sturdy ‘kick-down’ propstand allows you to stand your bicycle upright with ease.
- Protective chainguard: a streamlined chainguard that protects you from greasy oil marks, and helps prevent your attire from catching in the chain.
- Classic cream tyres with puncture protection and reflective side-walls: with robust, densely-woven carcasses that offer great puncture resistance, but using a fabric that needs less rubber coating and thus has a reduced weight. An inner Kevlar Guard belt provides additional puncture protection and a reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls provide extra visibility after darkness.
- 36v/12.5ah 450 watt-hour clip-in, clip-out secure battery: with lithium ion cells and charger.
- High-torque mid-drive 300w motor.
|Electric assist||Lekkie 'Summit' electric assist system, featuring:
|Colours||Royal Red, Old English White, Oxford Blue, Duck Egg Blue.|
|Gears||Shimano Nexus 8 Speed with thumb shifter control.|
|Frame||Traditionally lugged and brazed hand-crafted steel frame.|
|Fork||Tubular crown, hand brazed.|
|Saddle||Honey brown Brooks B67s natural leather saddle with twin coil springs.|
|Handlebar||Chrome plated raised bar on alloy and stainless steel stem.|
|Brakes||All-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.|
|Wheels||26" polished alloy rims with stainless steel spokes (22" frame has 28" rims).|
|Tyres||26x1 3/8" Cream Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres (22" frame has 28 x1 1/2" tyres) with Kevlar Guard belt puncture protection and reflective side walls.|
|Mudguards||Classic profile steel guards with hand-applied silver lining.|
|Pedals||Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.|
|Crankset||Traditional slender chromed steel cranks.|
|Other Features||Protective chainguard, large ding-dong bell, wicker basket, classic hub-dynamo headlamp, LED rear light, propstand, hand-made leather grips, frame-fitted pump.|
|Frames Sizes||17.5", 20" and 22"|
Bicycles, tricycles and e-bikes
We deliver our bicycles all over Aotearoa New Zealand ourselves for a few reasons; we like to ensure your bicycle arrives in perfect condition and we also want you to be able to ride it immediately. We set your seat and handlebar height so you can ride comfortably and we listen and respond to any questions you have. We like to ensure we are minimising our fuel use and pollution so we like to schedule the most efficient delivery plan possible. That’s why it may take a month or two to get your bicycle to you. Please check our Delivery page for more information and to view our next scheduled delivery to your area.
We will despatch your purchase the same day or next day and we will email you courier tracking information so you know exactly where your package is. We try, wherever possible, to use recycled or compostable packaging. For orders under $200, we charge $9.90 towards the cost of the courier. For $200 or more, we cover it.